Saturday, November 8, 2008

The Ghost of Halloween Past

Since we finally got around to posting this year's Halloween pictures, we thought it might be fun to revisit my Halloween looks from years past. Each year I was lucky enough to go trick-or-treating with a different group of friends.

Here I am on very first Halloween - I was only 3 weeks old, so M&D didn't dress me up (nothing much fit anyway) or go out for candy. It was ok - clearly I didn't care about much besides the nap I was taking.
The following year I dressed up as a bumble bee for my first trick-or-treat. Mommy figured it was her one chance to dress me the way she wanted, and I went out with my Morristown playgroup to just enough houses to get the feel for trick-or-treating.













You could say that last year was my first appreciation for this amazing holiday. I figured out what all the fuss was about when I got a bucket full of candy with my pals Johnny & Dylan. Here we are about to go out - and then just loving the adventure.












And of course you have all seen my Cinderella costume. This was the first time I went trick-or-treating in Mexico, and I have to admit it was not as fun as it in the US. It is just not the same going up and down elevators or stairwells in buildings, only to have half the residents have no candy, while the bigger kids helped themselves to so many handfuls of candy that there was often none left for the rest of us littler ones. I was lucky enough that my Brynn (who happens to be 5 and better at grabbing) shared some with me. Still, chile flavored candy is not something I will miss next year.


I did forget to mention in my last post that I have adopted the method acting school of Halloween dress-up - I am so into being Cinderella that I constantly take off one shoe in attempt to "lose" it - just like Cinderella loses her shoe at the ball. It makes for a very annoyed Mommy, who has to stop every few minutes when we go out to ensure that I have not thrown my shoe out of my stroller.


No comments: