Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Baby's Day Out

Since Pearl is here from NJ along with Dada, Mommy figured it was the perfect time to check out all the fun things for children to do in Mexico City – basically all of the things she keeps saying she is going to do with me, but has never gotten around to. So this past Saturday Mommy, Daddy, Pearl, Dada and I piled into the car and went to the Papalote Children’s Museum, which has been described by the NY Times as one of the most technologically sophisticated “touch and do” museums in the world. Both Pearl and I got to try our hands at lots of different exhibits, though to be honest, we couldn’t figure out some of them because none of us are fluent enough in Spanish yet. Still, it was fun to climb, color and put together giant puzzles. Plus, I had my very first movie theater experience at the Imax theater, and I have to say that I am now officially a movie buff. It was so much fun to sit in those huge chairs and watch the room grow dark, and then to see meteors and comets hurtling towards us from the ceiling.

And as if that wasn’t enough excitement for one weekend, on Sunday Mommy took us to La Ciudad de los Ninos (City of Children). The entire event was adventurous because for starters, Mommy drove us all the way to Santa Fe all by herself, since Arturo had the day off and Daddy was sick. Then of course we went into the “city”, which is basically a miniature version of a real city, with all of the inhabitants of a real city, such as banks, supermarkets, newspaper offices, cooking schools, hospitals and more. Children can participate in the regular workings of all the business by performing such activities as sewing and altering clothes on child-sized sewing machines at the mini-tailor, or taking a culinary class in child-sized kitchens at the cooking school. Pearl decided to make chocolate bars at the Nestle factory, and while I was too young for most of the activities, I did ride on a train – all by myself for the first time. Below you can see a picture of me holding on for dear life. I can’t wait until I am just a little bit older and really able to enjoy this place!

No comments: